Importing an ASCII file

From: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)natserv(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Importing an ASCII file
Date: 2001-09-06 16:08:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have an ASCII file with fields separated by tabs.
My only issue is that text fields are enclosed with "
Is there a way to tell Postgresql to ignore those "?
Mean time I am going to try and take out the " using one of the Unix
tools.

Didn't see anything on the FAQ on importing data from ASCII files. Isn't
this an FAQ?