Re: Crash in vacuum analyze

From: Sean Chittenden <sean-pgsql-general(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Crash in vacuum analyze
Date: 2001-09-04 03:24:11
Lists: pgsql-general

> > Can we test for this at configure time and spit out a warning
> > message to the user that they need to upgrade their version of glibc?
>
> I think most of the people who are getting bitten have installed PG from
> RPMs, so configure couldn't help them anyway.

::grrr:: I have nothing nice to say about RPM's and the headaches they
have caused me in the past. Is it late to lobby Linux and/or Red Hat
and ask them for a new package format similar to the ports tree?
::grin:: In any case, Tom, you're right again as always.

> Perhaps our future RPMs should have a dependency that requires glibc
> version >= first fixed version.

Far beit for me to disagree... was this bug in only Linux's
glibc?

-sc

--
Sean Chittenden