Re: Create table syntax

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: satish rao <csr_del(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Create table syntax
Date: 2001-08-31 14:17:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 06:52:36AM -0000, satish rao wrote:
> Hi
>
> Entered below is the SQL create table syntax:
>
> CREATE TABLE lists (
> [listid] [int] IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL ,
> [listname] [varchar] (200) NULL ,
> [listcreator] [varchar] (200) NULL ,
> [listdesc] [text] NULL)
>

> We need to know that this syntax will work properly in
> postgresql while creating the table and the
> autoincrement option for the column(listid). If this
> syntax is not correct for postgresql, we need the
> correct syntax.

Have you looked at the documentation? There is plenty on the website and
psql has a brief summary when you type \h CREATE TABLE

Unfortunatly my postgres server isn't booting right now (version mismatch)
so I can't paste the result here...
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/