Problem with sequences

From: "Vladimir Terziev" <vlady(at)rila(dot)bg>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with sequences
Date: 2001-08-28 15:15:29
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I'm writing a script, which has to retrieve a next value from a sequnce. I use
mod_perl, DBI and DBD::Pg version 0.98.

I notice that when I execute "select nextval('sequence_name'::text) AS
sname;", via DBI, the value of sequence is updated, but the mod_perl returns
"DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: sequence_name.nextval: you don't have
permissions to set sequence"

The above command is executed sucssesfuly in psql and returns the desire
result.

Does anybody has an idea what is the problem ?

Vladimir