install postgresql instructions

From: roypgsqlcygwin(at)xemaps(dot)com
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: install postgresql instructions
Date: 2001-08-24 21:24:41
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hey guys.

Just installed 7.1.3-1, thanx Jason, the README was perfect for a newbie like me getting up and started.

I do have one question though and this is due to my inexperience with cygwin. Logged in to my win2000 machine as administrator, I can't 'chown postgres /usr/share/postgresql/data'

It keeps telling me that 'postgres' is an invalid user. This only works when I'm logged in to my box as 'postgres'. Can someone tell me if I got something totally configured wrong with cygwin? Or am I just not understanding something here?

Roy.