Bug #423: unable to do selects on certain fields in large tables

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #423: unable to do selects on certain fields in large tables
Date: 2001-08-23 18:41:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

dave miller (dmiller(at)dyrectmedia(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
unable to do selects on certain fields in large tables

Long Description
In a table of about 300 MG, I am unable browse or select the text field - xml (holding a large XML document ) of any record. We noticed the problem after deleting about 50,000 records from the 100,000+ record table. We can select any other field but the xml field, but not any whole record.

Sample Code
PostgreSQL said: ERROR: chunk 1 for toast value 1227454 appears multiple times

No file was uploaded with this report