Re: Link to bug webpage

From: darcy(at)druid(dot)net (D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain)
To: pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us (Bruce Momjian)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development)
Subject: Re: Link to bug webpage
Date: 2001-08-21 11:24:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thus spake Bruce Momjian
> If anyone was concerned about our bug database being visible and giving
> the impression we don't fix any bugs, see this URL:
>
> http://www.isthisthingon.org/nisca/postgres.html

Jeez, Louise. Talk about a blaming the tools because you don't know
anything about database design. I mean, his biggest complaint is that
PostgreSQL makes it hard (not impossible as he implies) to change the
schema. Perhaps that is because it was written by GOOD database designers
who don't have to change their schema every other week and so that issue
hasn't been a squeaky wheel.

I can't believe that anyone important is listening to this guy.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net> | Democracy is three wolves