Float Percision with MS Access 97

From: Michael Calabrese <m2calabr(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Float Percision with MS Access 97
Date: 2001-08-20 16:05:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

If I have a table with a float4 and it has greater
precision that 4 to the left of the decimal point,
Access will not let me change that record and gives me
a write conflict. I have troubleshooted the problem
to the point that Access when changing a record checks
all known fields as part of the update statement (even
though it has, and knows it has, the index).

For example: if I have a table with the following

Parts:
PartID Name Price Count
555 Tubing 2.50 101.123456

MS Access seems to get the count from the ODBC driver
as 101.1234. When you build a screen that has all of
the fields in the then change Price Access does the
following:

UPDATE Parts
SET Price = 2.75
WHERE PartID = 555
AND Name = 'Tubing'
AND Price = 2.5
AND Count = 101.1234;

This causes a "write conflict" because the counts are
not equal.

Is there are way to get more precision from the ODBC
driver or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Michael Calabrese
Bike Friday
m2calabr-AT-yahoo-DOT-com