Re: Re: Proposal for encrypting pg_shadow passwords

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Proposal for encrypting pg_shadow passwords
Date: 2001-08-15 19:23:46
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Attached please find:
> >
> > the original proposal to encrypt pg_shadow
> > a diff of the current CVS
> > two new files (backend/libpq/md5.c and include/libpq/md5.h)
> > which implement MD5 encryption (from Vince with cleanups)
>
> I also see that the md5.c implementation does not use palloc and makes the
> rather odd assumption that long int == unsigned64.

That is from Vince's code, I think. Can you suggest a fix?

> What's your rush? Is there a deadline now?

I want to do SCM patch, then write presentation for LinuxWorld, and go
to Linuxworld. Then we are at the end of August. Also, people need to
do the Java MD5 code, and if I want that before we start 7.2 beta, I
feel rushed.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us