pgsql/contrib README fuzzystrmatch/Makefile fu ...

From: Bruce Momjian - CVS <momjian(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql/contrib README fuzzystrmatch/Makefile fu ...
Date: 2001-08-07 16:47:43
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name: pgsql
Changes by: momjian(at)hub(dot)org 01/08/07 12:47:43

Modified files:
contrib : README
Added files:
contrib/fuzzystrmatch: Makefile README.fuzzystrmatch
fuzzystrmatch.c fuzzystrmatch.h
fuzzystrmatch.sql.in

Log message:
Per this discussion, here's a patch to implement both levenshtein() and
metaphone() in a contrib. There seem to be a fair number of different
approaches to both of these algorithms. I used the simplest case for
levenshtein which has a cost of 1 for any character insertion, deletion, or
substitution. For metaphone, I adapted the same code from CPAN that the PHP
folks did.

A couple of questions:
1. Does it make sense to fold the soundex contrib together with this one?

2. I was debating trying to add multibyte support to levenshtein (it would
make no sense at all for metaphone), but a quick search through the contrib
directory found no hits on the word MULTIBYTE. Should worry about adding
multibyte support to levenshtein()?

Joe Conway