pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/pltcl.sgml rc/pl/tcl/pltcl.c

From: Bruce Momjian - CVS <momjian(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql/ oc/src/sgml/pltcl.sgml rc/pl/tcl/pltcl.c
Date: 2001-08-02 15:45:55
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name: pgsql
Changes by: momjian(at)hub(dot)org 01/08/02 11:45:55

Modified files:
doc/src/sgml : pltcl.sgml
src/pl/tcl : pltcl.c

Log message:
I noticed that pltcl didn't have any way to get to SPI_lastoid like plpgsql does.. I started using pltcl a lot because I like to decide when and how my queries get planned.. so I put one together really quick

Sorry I don't have the original around to make a quick diff, but its a very small change... I think this should be in the next release, there's no reason not to have it.

its a function with no expected arguments, so you can use it like:
spi_exec "INSERT INTO mytable(columns...) VALUES(values..)"
set oid [spi_lastoid]
spi_exec "SELECT mytable_id from mytable WHERE oid=$oid"

It just didn't make sense for me to use plpgsql and pltcl, or just screw
them both and use SPI from C.

bob(at)redivi(dot)com