Re: ODBC read/write permission in MS Access

From: wsheldah(at)lexmark(dot)com
To: Jason Turner <jasont(at)indigoindustrial(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC read/write permission in MS Access
Date: 2001-07-31 15:00:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Check to see that the user you specified in the Windows DSN has all the
permissions in PostgreSQL it should have to do the updates. Is Access telling
you that you have a non-updatable recordset? If so, I think the online help has
a set of troubleshooting steps to work through.

Long term, you might consider using unbound forms that use select statements to
fill out the form in its On Load event, and insert/update statements to update
the back end on the appropriate On Update, etc. events. Locks won't be held as
long, you'll get to do programmatic error checking and error handling which
could make it more user-friendly, etc. etc.

Jason Turner <jasont%indigoindustrial(dot)co(dot)nz(at)interlock(dot)lexmark(dot)com> on 07/30/2001
08:22:32 PM