Re: PostgreSQL

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Glenn Welker <glennw(at)festech(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-07-31 18:29:41
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Glenn,

In the future, please post to the appropriate mailing list instead of
sending private email so others can benefit too.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 08:35:46AM -0400, Glenn Welker wrote:
> Part of the documentation for PostgreSQL 7.1.2 states that you have
> tested this database under Windows 2000.

This is true.

> I am currently trying to build
> this application but it appears that I have a problem with IPC.

What do you mean by "this application?" PostgreSQL itself or an
application that uses PostgreSQL? If PostgreSQL itself, why don't you
use the pre-built distribution that is part of Cygwin?

> I have
> added and started the IPC-Daemon, but this still hasn't went away. Any
> suggestions you can make would be greatly appreciated. Here is the last
> message from make.
>
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I.
> ude -I/usr/local/include -DBUILDING_DLL=1 -c -o ipc.o ipc.c

How do you expect to get help if you don't provide useful information?
As an example, the (implied) error messages from the above compilation
would be facilitate debugging your problem.

Jason

P.S. After more reflection, the "-DBUILDING_DLL=1" above seems to
indicate that you are trying to build PostgreSQL itself. But, why are
you making someone that you ask for help guess?

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering Phone: 732.264.8770 x235