Re: timestamp (minor bug)

From: "And(dot) Andruikhanov" <andy(at)euinf(dot)dp(dot)ua>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: timestamp (minor bug)
Date: 2001-07-25 11:21:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> "And. Andruikhanov" <andy(at)euinf(dot)dp(dot)ua> writes:
> > Wrong result in timestamp value between "winter" and "summer" time:
>
> Could you trace through the timestamp conversion routines and determine
> exactly what's going wrong? The problem is most likely in or near
> DetermineLocalTimeZone() in src/backend/utils/adt/datetime.c. We've

This function returns 0, when
tm->tm_hour = 3;
tm->tm_min = 0;
tm->tm_sec = 0;
tm->tm_year=2001;
tm->tm_mon=3;
tm->tm_mday=25;

otherwise it returns correctly tm_gmtoff. (in config.h HAVE_TM_ZONE defined
as 1)

> heard some reports of misbehavior of the C library's mktime() routine
> on certain platforms, when given a time near a DST boundary in certain
> timezones (what timezone do you use, anyway?).

I set TZ (or TimeZone in psql) to undefined or to my local timezone, but it
does not influences on result.
in /etc/ I have symlink "localtime" to /usr/share/zoneinfo/...

Good Luck.