Re: HOW-TO migrate database

From: SUVRANSHU KAR <suvranshu_k(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Marian Sabo <sabo(at)cps(dot)sk>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HOW-TO migrate database
Date: 2001-07-18 03:10:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

Actually we also faced some in migration from Postgres
6.5.2 to 7.0- both upon Red Hat Linux, and 7.0 to
7.1.2 ( on NT WS using Cygwin) using pgdump.

In the Ist case, Tables and Index were no problem, but
data didnot come up. So we seperately edited the data
part from dump file and executed it through
pgsql.Tables and Index were no problem, but data
didnot come up. But 7.1.2 couldnot reconnize the data
format easily. So we wrote a front end program in
delphi to migrate.

Bye now.

KAR

For the 2nd case,