PostgreSQL on Win/2K

From: Kian Parsee <kparsee(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL on Win/2K
Date: 2001-07-11 13:58:07
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi Everybody. I'm trying to run Postgres7.1.2 on a
Win/2K machine with Cygwin1.3.2-1. I'm having no luck
whatsoever. I get the same result when I use the
already built version that comes with cygwin, and when
I build it myself. The following commands all seem to
work fine:

ipc-daemon &
initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data &

However, when I try createdb, or psql, I get the
following error:

pq_flush: send() failed: Invalid argument
pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: The descriptor is a file,
not a socket
psql: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel
unexpectedly.
This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally
before or while processing the request.

Now, I've got postgres working on a Win/NT machine
with no problem. Does anybody have any clue why I'm
getting the above error on a Win/2K machine?

Your help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Kian