Re: libpq++ on Windows

From: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq++ on Windows
Date: 2001-07-01 15:45:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

* Christian Ullrich wrote on Sunday, 2001-07-01:

> I will look into it. It should be enough to get it to work via the
> GUI and export a Makefile (I wonder how they dare to call these

Well, I found it was easier to adapt the win32.mak for libpq.
So here is the patch.

Notes:

- The additions to config.h.in and config.h.win32 are not very elegant,
especially config.h.in. But I need to export the classes, and that's
the only way to go.

- The static library doesn't work. It asserts while connecting.
I've tried to find the bug, but failed miserably.
WSAStartup() returned success, so that shouldn't be the reason.

- The filenames are constructed like libpq's:
- libpq++.dll: The working DLL.
- libpq++.lib. The broken static library.
- libpq++dll.lib: The DLL's import library.

Goodbye.

--
Christian Ullrich Registrierter Linux-User #125183

"Sie können nach R'ed'mond fliegen -- aber Sie werden sterben"

Attachment Content-Type Size
libpq++.diff text/plain 9.3 KB