Re: Problem in Remote PostgreSQL connection.

From: "Thomas O'Dowd" <tom(at)nooper(dot)com>
To: vasudeva <vasudeva(dot)r(at)eximsoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem in Remote PostgreSQL connection.
Date: 2001-06-29 06:25:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 03:13:42PM +0900, vasudeva wrote:
> Hi Thomas
>
> Thanx for the suggestion.
>
> 1. But I treid with telnet command as per your mail and getting same error
> message (noroute to host).
> 2. Tried from two different networks (sys a 210.160.17.0 and sys c
> 211.123.135.0) without any firewall still i am getting same error message.
>
> What could be the problem?

Ask your network guys... Basically for a host to be able to find another
host on a different network, it has to know how to get there. The usual
ways for this to happen are the gateway between the two networks advertises
the routes or you add a static route. I'm not going to get into the
details here as you're talking about firewalls and system security and
this stuff is best left to the professionals at your site who administer
it. You should also never describe your private network in a public
forum as you never know who's gathering the info. Ask your network guys,
I'm sure they'll have a quick answer for you.

Cheers,

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com