Re: About pg_dump

From: Jason Earl <jdearl(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Aldo Vadillo Batista <avadillo(at)ulpgc(dot)es>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About pg_dump
Date: 2001-06-28 19:44:01
Lists: pgsql-general

It looks like setting the PGUSER and PGPASSWORD
environment variables does the trick. I don't know
where that is in the documentation (PGUSER is in the
psql man page, but I wasn't able to find PGPASSWORD).

So something like:

PGUSER='postgres'
PGPASSWORD='secret'
export PGUSER PGPASSWORD

pg_dump -h mydatahost mydatabase -t mytable

Seems work just like you would expect.

I hope this is helpful,
Jason