Re: Re: useability of apache, PHP, Postgres for real business apps

From: Adam Haberlach <adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: useability of apache, PHP, Postgres for real business apps
Date: 2001-06-28 22:10:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 08:54:29AM -0700, Calvin Dodge wrote:
> pvissenb(at)csc(dot)com (Pieter Vissenberg) wrote in message news:<7ab85fc(dot)0106272359(dot)7bbbfbf2(at)posting(dot)google(dot)com>...
> > All,
> >
> > Does anyone have experience with the use of PostgreSQL in combination
> > with Apache and PHP in a real life business environment?

I can't seem to find the original message at the moment, so I'll reply
to this one.

We use PostgreSQL/Apache/PHP for our internal bug database, our intranet,
and hopefully soon some shipping products. Works just fine. Everything is
solid for a few years now...

My only issue is that PHP suffers from some of the same managability
issues as perl in that it is very easy for one person to write code that
no other person understands, and not have any compiler or type-safety to
prevent this. I hope to be moving to .jsp soon in order to fix this by
creating a more structured development environment.

--
Adam Haberlach | "Pancakes don't make hardly any juice
adam(at)newsnipple(dot)com | and bacon makes too much."