Storing image contents in TEXT fields

From: Jerome Alet <alet(at)unice(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Storing image contents in TEXT fields
Date: 2001-06-26 22:11:10
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I wanted to know if it's possible to store an image content in a TEXT field,
or if another type is needed (in this case, then which one ?).

I don't want to use BLOBs, because I modify an existing application
which also works with MySQL, and I can't update to postgresql-7.1.x
(I don't admin this server)

in a TEXT field the image seems to be truncated at the first nul byte.

Thanks in advance for any help.

bye,

Jerome Alet