pgsql/ ontrib/array/Makefile ontrib/cube/Makef ...

From: Bruce Momjian - CVS <momjian(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql/ ontrib/array/Makefile ontrib/cube/Makef ...
Date: 2001-06-18 21:38:03
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name: pgsql
Changes by: momjian(at)hub(dot)org 01/06/18 17:38:02

Modified files:
contrib/array : Makefile
contrib/cube : Makefile
contrib/dblink : Makefile
contrib/earthdistance: Makefile
contrib/fulltextindex: Makefile
contrib/intarray: Makefile
contrib/isbn_issn: Makefile
contrib/lo : Makefile
contrib/miscutil: Makefile
contrib/noupdate: Makefile
contrib/oid2name: oid2name.c
contrib/pgcrypto: Makefile
contrib/rserv : Makefile
contrib/seg : Makefile segparse.y
contrib/soundex: Makefile
contrib/string : Makefile
contrib/userlock: Makefile
src/include : miscadmin.h
src/include/storage: shmem.h
src/include/utils: tqual.h

Log message:
The attached patch enables the contrib subtree to build cleanly under
Cygwin with the possible exception of mSQL-interface. Since I don't
have mSQL installed, I skipped this tool.

Except for dealing with a missing getopt.h (oid2name) and HUGE (seg),
the bulk of the patch uses the standard PostgreSQL approach to deal with
Windows DLL issues.

I tested the build aspect of this patch under Cygwin and Linux without
any ill affects. Note that I did not actually attempt to test the code
for functionality.

The procedure to apply the patch is as follows:

$ # save the attachment as /tmp/contrib.patch
$ # change directory to the top of the PostgreSQL source tree
$ patch -p0 </tmp/contrib.patch

Jason