PostgreSQL problem

From: Steve McClure <smcclure(at)racemi(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL problem
Date: 2001-06-13 21:26:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Your name : Steve McClure
Your email address : skmcclure(at)mediaone(dot)net

System Configuration
---------------------
Architecture (example: Intel Pentium) : Intel Celeron 800Mhz

Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF) : Linux 2.4.2-2 ELF
RedHat 7.1

PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-7.0): PostgreSQL-7.0.2

Compiler used (example: gcc 2.8.0) : Binary install

I'm creating a database by cat <filename> | psql <dbname>
and populating it with test data the same way.

I'm using data type serial for the primary key field on each table and
one table consistent has the incorrect value in the sequence after
creation causing inserts to fail with a duplicate key message. If I
use pg_dump, modify the SQL for the sequence in question and create a
new database with that dump output file, everything works correctly.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem. Please try to provide a

I will be glad to provide my schema files that I am using to reproduce
this problem.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

Thanks,
--
Steve McClure 430 10th St NW
Racemi Suite N-210