why unsigned numbers don't exist ?

From: Julien Jehannet <Julien(dot)Jehannet(at)SecurityKeepers(dot)com>
To: pgsql(at)SecurityKeepers(dot)com
Subject: why unsigned numbers don't exist ?
Date: 2001-06-08 08:49:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I am newbie with PostgreSQL and I ask myself if it's possible to have unsigned
numbers.
Of course, I checked the doc and mailing list but anyone said explicitly that
is not possible and why there are not used.
Please give me the technical reason if you know it.

Tkanks,

jul

--
(work) Julien.Jehannet at SecurityKeepers.com
(home) jhanet at caramail.com
'Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy but socially dead.'
Animaniacs