Re: Postgresql and W98

From: Andrew Gould <andrewgould(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Evelio Martinez <evelio(dot)martinez(at)testanet(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql and W98
Date: 2001-06-05 15:08:55
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm mistaken; but I
think that you'll suffer decreases in performance
whenever you use resources to run a GUI.

I use Win98 and Access 97 as a front-end to data
warehouses in PostgreSQL; but the PostgreSQL databases
are on separate machines: 1 x Linux, 1 x FreeBSD. My
largest table has 8,591,561 records. There are
advantages to having Access or Excel handle adhoc
report formats and Linux/FreeBSD handle the heavy data
processing. (My 2 cents.)

Andrew Gould

--- Evelio Martinez <evelio(dot)martinez(at)testanet(dot)com>