dlopen() of libpsqlodbc.so fails in 7.1.2

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dlopen() of libpsqlodbc.so fails in 7.1.2
Date: 2001-05-30 14:33:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bob Deblier (bob(at)virtualunlimited(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
dlopen() of libpsqlodbc.so fails in 7.1.2

Long Description
While trying to upgrade Postgres from version 7.0.3 to 7.1.2, I find that a program which dlopens the library mentioned above now produces the following error message:

ld.so.1: ./BeeHive: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/pgsql/lib/libpsqlodbc.so: symbol main: referenced symbol not found

I compiled Postgres with gcc-2.95.3, and configured with options
--enable-odbc and --prefix=/opt/pgsql.

The same problem occurs with version 7.1.1, but as mentioned higher does not occur on 7.0.3 or earlier versions.

Since the two most recently released versions both show this problem, it must be something which was introduced in the 7.1 release.

Our only alternative is to keep using the older releases for now, but this should be fixed ASAP.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report