Re: New/old style trigger API

From: darcy(at)druid(dot)net (D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain)
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New/old style trigger API
Date: 2001-05-27 19:14:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thus spake Tom Lane
> darcy(at)druid(dot)net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
> > It gets to fmgr_oldstyle() and then dies from a jump to a null pointer.
> > Can someone please tell me how to make my function a newstyle one.
>
> Perhaps you forgot the PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1 declaration? See
> http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/trigger-examples.html

Yah, I was looking at chapter 22 on SPI programming. I assume that the
same should apply there. Shall I go ahead and add it to the docs in that
chapter as well?

I wonder if there is a relation to another problem I am having. On AIX
I can compile my chkpass function (in contrib which I just updated) OK
but when I use it I get a similar core dump there that I don't see on
NetBSD. Does it require the same interface? Shall I update those pages
as well?

BTW, here is the link command I needed to get as far as I did.

ld -G -o $@ $< -bexpall -bnoentry -lc

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net> | Democracy is three wolves