Re: docbook problem

From: eschmid+sic(at)s(dot)netic(dot)de
To: lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: docbook problem
Date: 2001-05-25 06:58:55
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 06:02:47AM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > Is there some trick I missed that would make the dsssl files visible
> > more automatically?
>
> You can make your own catalog file which points at the other catalog
> files. You still need to set SGML_CATALOG_FILES (to that one
> ubercatalog), or you need to rebuild openjade to know where the correct
> default location is.
>
> The Mark Gallesi/Cygnus rpms got this right a couple of years ago, but
> the last one or two distros of Mandrake were a bit screwed up.
> Mandrake-8.0 is somewhat better, but not perfect. Not sure how Red Hat
> does on their rpms...

Use a Debian distribution. We used last year Mandrake and there was no way
to build the PHP manual. I have been on there booth and they have told me
that Mandrake is making the manuals with DocBook. But they can't tell me,
where the needed files are hidden in rpms.

BTW: we have this year a booth at the LinuxDays also. It would be great if
some people from the PostgreSQL community can visit our booth.

-Egon

--
LinuxTag, Stuttgart, Germany: July 5-8 2001: http://www.linuxtag.de/
All known books about PHP and related books: http://php.net/books.php