Re: Problems with getting the postmaster to startup with -i option.

From: Nabil Sayegh <evolution(at)sayegh(dot)de>
To: Eric Naujock <naujocke(at)abacusii(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with getting the postmaster to startup with -i option.
Date: 2001-05-17 14:39:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 17 May 2001 09:28:21 -0400, Eric Naujock wrote:
> I am using the redhat RPM installation of postgresql. I would like to be able to use some of the IP based management tools to work with the database and to do this I need the IP options working.
>
> How do I get the redhat RPM installation to start up in TCP/IP mode. I have tried to add the -I 5432 to the postmaster.opts file but the database keeps reverting the file back to its old version without the -I option.

<FLAME_BAIT>
If you want to hardcode it into the rc script
su -l postgres -c "PGDATESTYLE=GERMAN LANG=de_DE LANGUAGE=
LC_COLLATE=POSIX LC_CTYPE= LC_MESSAGES= LC_MONETARY= LC_NUMERIC=
LC_TIME= /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -o \"-D
/usr/local/pgsql/data -i\" start >/dev/null 2>&1"
</FLAME_BAIT>

cu
--
Nabil Sayegh