Loss of avg() functionality

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Loss of avg() functionality
Date: 2001-05-16 15:20:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Jon Pastore (jpastore(at)ffs-inc(dot)net) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
Loss of avg() functionality

Long Description
In v7.0.3 we use avg() with a type money column and it works just fine. In the new 7.1 (which btw way to verify we did a \set from psql and it says 7.0.3 and I know I put in 7.1) it returns an error:

unable to select an aggregate function avg(money)

we don't rely on this too heavily but it was nice to have we'll just have to write a function that will strip out the $ and avg the numbers.

Sample Code
select avg(sf_amt) from servicefee;

No file was uploaded with this report