Re: Oracle to Pg tool

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, gilles(at)darold(dot)net, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle to Pg tool
Date: 2001-05-10 00:08:36
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

[ Charset US-ASCII unsupported, converting... ]
> Hi All,
>
> I'm willing to put all PostgreSQL related matter on the techdocs site,
> or link to it, as the case may be. Is that of any assistance?
>
> Some stuff is definitely better in /contrib, as it is "already there"
> with PostgreSQL, some stuff might not be. Database conversion tools
> probably are better in /contrib is my thought though... time to
> clarify rules?

My first guess is that loadable modules clearly should be in /contrib,
and tools like pg_controldata, and things that workaround missing
features in PostgreSQL.

Looking in /contrib, that is pretty much what we have. Now, that leaves
conversion tools as "unknown". You are voting the belong in /contrib?
If I get another "yes", I will add the xbase and Oracle tools in there
too.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us