Re: patch for configure for enabling of pl/tcl unknown support

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: seva(at)sevasoft(dot)kiev(dot)ua, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: patch for configure for enabling of pl/tcl unknown support
Date: 2001-05-09 20:34:28
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > > This patch adds a new configure option --with-pltcl-unknown which
> > > enables pltcl unknown support.
>
> > > After patching files
> > > src/pl/tcl/modules/pltcl_listmod
> > > src/pl/tcl/modules/pltcl_loadmod
> > > src/pl/tcl/modules/pltcl_delmod
> > > must be renamed(copied,repocopied) to
> > > src/pl/tcl/modules/pltcl_listmod.in
> > > src/pl/tcl/modules/pltcl_loadmod.in
> > > src/pl/tcl/modules/pltcl_delmod.in
>
> These files should be build in a makefile. Creating them with
> config.status is not going to fly.

OK, Peter, I have removed the generation of rht pltcl's from configure,
added TCLSH to Makefile.global.in, and added something to the
pl/tcl/Makefile to generate them from *.in files using sed.

I am attaching the new Makefile. I was a little confused on the
Makefile dependencies when the actual files are not generated unless
then ask for --enable-pltcl-unknown:

all: $(INFILES) tcl_unknown

tcl_unknown: $(top_builddir)/src/Makefile.global \
modules/pltcl_loadmod.in \
modules/pltcl_delmod.in \
modules/pltcl_listmod.in
ifeq ($(enable_pltcl_unknown), yes)
sed -e 's,@TCLSH@,$(TCLSH),g' modules/pltcl_loadmod.in > modules/pltcl_$
sed -e 's,@TCLSH@,$(TCLSH),g' modules/pltcl_delmod.in > modules/pltcl_d$
sed -e 's,@TCLSH@,$(TCLSH),g' modules/pltcl_listmod.in > modules/pltcl_$
chmod a+x modules/pltcl_loadmod modules/pltcl_delmod modules/pltcl_list$
endif

I am not sure about the dependencies. If I knew I was making them all
the time, I could easily create proper dependencies for the files, but I
only generate them if enabled.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size