no more pg_dump cause of multiple declared database??

From: bboett(at)erm1(dot)u-strasbg(dot)fr (Bruno Boettcher)
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: no more pg_dump cause of multiple declared database??
Date: 2001-05-09 07:12:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello

a problem i am encountering quite frequently lately.....
for some reason my databases are registered under several users and
making a pg_dump gives me the following error:

getDatabase(): SELECT failed. Explanation from backend: 'ERROR: More
than one tuple returned by a subselect used as an expression.
'.

going into psql and looking at the DB's i get:
fibu=# \l
List of databases
Database | Owner | Encoding
-----------+----------+-----------
admin | www | SQL_ASCII
fibu | bboett | SQL_ASCII
fibu | hordemgr | SQL_ASCII
horde | www | SQL_ASCII
template0 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
template1 | postgres | SQL_ASCII
(6 rows)

how can this be? i tryed to remove the hordemgr version of the fibu DB
but then my own vanishes too, so it seems really that both point onto
the same DB in fact???

is there a way to remove the hordemgr (which isn't even a valid postgres
user as far as i can tell) line concerning the fibu DB?

But even with that, is there a way t get the pg_dump command to work?

i tryed with the -S flag, but still it doesn't work....

BTW this problem also prevents the pg_dumpall which is really annoying
since it prevents me from making backups of the DB's automaticly....

--
ciao bboett
bboett(at)earthling(dot)net