Re: General question (C++ interfacing to PostgreSQL)

From: "J(dot) T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)cistron-office(dot)nl>
To: Carlos Moreno <moreno(at)mochima(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: General question (C++ interfacing to PostgreSQL)
Date: 2001-04-23 14:16:59
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Carlos Moreno wrote:

> First, I'm not quite sure when or how should I use PgDatabase
> (in the simple tests that I've done so far, I use only PgConnection).

Use whichever provides functionality you need--it's as simple as that. If
you want to actually read values from the database (and I guess at some point
you will), use PgDatabase.

The current class hierarchy is a little confusing, and not always for very
good reasons. So expect them to change radically in the not-too-far future.

Jeroen