MS Access 97 ODBC opens 2 connections to the backend?

From: Tim Frank <tfrank(at)registrar(dot)uoguelph(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MS Access 97 ODBC opens 2 connections to the backend?
Date: 2001-04-19 03:06:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Everyone,

I didn't get any response on the ODBC list for a week so I am trying the
general list to try and get some help.
I have just been experimenting with MS Access and ODBC with PostgreSQL
and find that it opens 2 connections to the backend when I open a linked
table or form that is based on a linked table.
I was just wondering if this was "normal" behaviour or if there should
only be a single connection and I just don't have something configured
properly. I am using v7.01.004 of the ODBC driver on Windows 98. The
backed is 7.0.x for now, but will probably be 7.1 in the near future.

Thanks for any help.

Tim Frank