Re: composite data types?

From: Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: selkovjr(at)mcs(dot)anl(dot)gov
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: composite data types?
Date: 2001-04-18 19:06:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello All,

I read over the documentation on creating and using composite data types, but
the examples only illistrated how to call a function with a composite data type
and not how to return one which is what I need to do.

I am thinking that I can make a composite data type link

Keys {

text privatekey;
text publickey;
}

or something similar and then define a structure in my "C" extensions that is
also similar so that I can work with it and then return it back to the psql
command interpreter.

Anone one have any ideas on how I can do this?

The basic problem is that I need to return 2 values from one of my "C"
functions back to the command interpeter.

I am now also working in version 7.1 which I just have now installed.

Cheers,
Lonnie