Re: Where's the Database?

From: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: Big Bad Data Daddy <B2D2(at)MaroisApps(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Where's the Database?
Date: 2001-04-17 16:32:56
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 08:51:28PM -0500, Big Bad Data Daddy wrote:
> Hey List;
>
> I've been really getting into PostgreSQL attempting to rewrite my current
> website ( www.HireLiveMusicians.com ) with a DB backend. The site is
> working on flat text files currently. My question is for archiving/backing
> up and just general knowledge, where are my databases being stored by
> default. I've been creating the database logged on a specific user not
> root. I'm just curious, I know that I'm supposed to write scripts to create
> the tables, triggers, indexes, etc and then import my exported data back
> into the tables if something runs amiss.

Oliver already answered the first question. If you are using RPMs or
DEBs to install Postgres, your databases should be in
/var/lib/postgresql/data
It's a very good idea to read tho scetion on Backups on the
Administrator's Guide.

-Roberto
--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+