composite data types?

From: Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: composite data types?
Date: 2001-04-17 04:27:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello All,

I had an idea recently about a possible way to solve one of my problems for
communicating with my "C" extentsion functions.

What I might be able to do is to create a composite data type composed of two
text fields that my "C" function could use as well and return this type to the
psql command interperter.

So where can I get some information on creating coposite data types? And how
can I use one of these in my "C" extension functions.

Also, could someone please explain to me what this return type of "opaque" is?

Cheers and Thanks to all for the help that you have provided me,
Lonnie