multiple files or adding a libfile.a to a file.so

From: Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: multiple files or adding a libfile.a to a file.so
Date: 2001-04-15 02:21:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello All,

I guess that my question from the previous messages can be simplified to ask
how can I add multiple files to a single "funcs.so" file being generated.

for example if I have three files: funcs1.cc funcs2.cc funcs3.cc

and am currently using this compile line:

g++ -I./include -I./backend -O2 -Wall
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I/usr/include/pgsql -I/usr/include
-fpic -c -o funcs.o funcs.cc

g++ -shared -o funcs.so funcs.o

then how can I add ALL of the files to this funcs.so so that it can be loaded
by the PL/pgSQL parser and I can use my functions.

Originally, I have the 3 funcs files compiled into a libcryptopp.a, but I was
thinking that it might be easier to try and just add all of the sources
although there should be a was to simply add the libcryptopp.a file.

Any ideas on this?

Cheers,
Lonnie