Calling plSQL functions

From: Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Calling plSQL functions
Date: 2001-04-12 04:16:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello All,

I have created a plSQL function with the "create function ..." which seems to
be ok and is just very simple.

I then wanted to load the function by:

psql -f test.sql -d trdata

which loads my function fine.

the problem is that I do not know how to call this function from the PLSQL
interpreter.

I tried "select reg_user('name','age');"

but it just gives me an error about an unexpected "select ..."

I am writing some plSQL functions and also some "C" interface functions that I
want to load and then call from with the interpreter.

Any ideas?

cheers,
Lonnie