Re: "--tuning" compile and runtime option (?)

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Justin Clift <jclift(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "--tuning" compile and runtime option (?)
Date: 2001-04-09 04:18:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

My idea was to have PostgreSQL output tips to help performance. The
TODO item is:

* Add SET PERFORMANCE_TIPS option to suggest INDEX, VACUUM, VACUUM
ANALYZE, and CLUSTER

I also will be writing an article on performance tuning this month.
What parameters would these options you suggest control? I usually
prefer options that have more concrete effect.

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us