release dates and announcements ?

From: Peter Galbavy <peter(dot)galbavy(at)knowledge(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: release dates and announcements ?
Date: 2001-04-05 09:06:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We are just (as per other queries recently) building a new system
using postgresql as the backend database. 7.1 seems like it is going
give us a number of essential fixes and useful features that make it
worth waiting a while.

As I have not seen announcements of the beta and RC cuts on
pgsql-announce, I would assume the development schedule is a more
closed thing than general chatter here, BUT is there an target
timetable for 7.1 (more that "when its ready" and subsequent 7.1.1
type releases ?

This information would help us decide whether to use an RC as a
development platform, moving to release later when we are ready to
test final work.

Also, would it be possible to announce alpha/beta/RC releases to
pgsql-announce ?

rgds,
--
Peter Galbavy