Re: search on accents -> Why not include this function

From: Jaume Teixi <teixi(at)6tems(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, patrice(dot)hede(at)idf(dot)net
Subject: Re: search on accents -> Why not include this function
Date: 2001-03-29 18:18:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

But the thing is that you must explicity call this function in order to
use it.
Also in order to some stetics maybe you should call it accents_iso-8859-1
The thing is that this should be consider a big need for non-english
languages.

On a major approx also could be possible to modify it in order to accept
parameters to include ('å','à') or ('ca_ES','fr_FR')....

bests,
jaume.