Re: Free PostgreSQL Database Hosting - Needs Beta Testers

From: will trillich <will(at)serensoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Free PostgreSQL Database Hosting - Needs Beta Testers
Date: 2001-03-26 20:01:54
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 03:42:43AM +0000, Gary Huntress wrote:
> I am looking for PostgreSQL users to beta test the following free database
> hosting service:
>
> http://superid.dyndns.org:8080/freesql/index.php
>
> I've done a fair amount of testing myself, but I need a few more people to
> work the rest of the bugs out. I'd be grateful if people would do the
> following:
>
> 1) create an account and database
> 2) remotely connect via ODBC or other means
> 3) insert and select data
> 4) report results to me, good or bad
>
> I'm happy to offer this free service (the free MySQL hosting is going over
> well so far) and I hope people find it useful. Take the poll, and offer
> suggestions too!

cool. i create database "trillich" and granted public select
access; two tables, one view, all worked like a charm. (all via
the php interface -- i tried from my own command line "psql -h
superid.dyndns.org -p 5432 -u trillich" but i kept winding up
pointing to my own server (probably my own internal firewall
snag).

looks clean from here... :)

--
will(at)serensoft(dot)com