Re: URL for gmake

From: Bill Barnes <kgbsoft(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pg-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: URL for gmake
Date: 2001-03-17 01:08:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Wow! Got a lot of reponses. Thanks all.

I must be, however, asking the wrong question.
Running debian 2.2 and make is in the system.

Here's a short list of the last few commands:

$./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql --with-odbc
$make all > make.log 2>&1 &
[1] 8486
$tail -f make.log
lot of missing prototypes messages but it gurgled
on and finally said All of Postgresql is
successfully made.
Ready to install.
had to Ctrl-c to get terminal back
$gmake install > make.install.log 2>&1 &
[2] 10419
[1] Done(127) gmake install >make.install.log 2&1
$tail -f make.install.log
sh: gmake: command not found

Thus the reason for confusion about gmake. Cannot
find a binary or link for gmake. How does it get
called.

Thanks again,
-Bill