pg_dump not working..

From: Anand Raman <araman(at)india-today(dot)com>
To: postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump not working..
Date: 2001-03-16 11:13:43
Lists: pgsql-general

hi guys

I am trying to use pg_dump to get a database dump on a local machine..

However the utility simply hangs without dumping any data. The utitility
(pg_dump) however responds if I send a wrong passwd.

What surprises me is that i am able to connect to the database on the
remote machine thru psql.

Can anyone tell me what might be causing this.. Both the local and the
remote database are postgresql 7.0.3

Thanks for ur help
Anand