Re: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC

From: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC
Date: 2001-03-15 21:12:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'd actually vote for it to remain for a release or two or more, as
we get more experience with stuff, the defaults may be different for
different workloads.

LER
--
Larry Rosenman
http://www.lerctr.org/~ler/

On 3/15/01, 2:46:20 PM, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote
regarding Re: [HACKERS] Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC: