libpq++

From: "J(dot) T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)cistron-office(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpq++
Date: 2001-03-07 19:52:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Is anyone maintaining libpq++? My patches are beginning to seriously
overlap each other, making it hard to submit them individually.

If there's nobody out there, I'd be willing to maintain this code and
make more extensive changes. In particular, I would like to:

- introduce exceptions instead of manual checking, as suggested in TODO;
- update the manual;
- review all the little consts, bools, explicits and such;
- replace PgTransaction by a more fine-grained and exception-safe
mechanism outside the PgDatabase hierarchy;
- provide STL-conformant interfaces for iterating over result sets;
- allow fields to be accessed in a type-safe manner;
- ensure clean compilation under g++ 3.0;
- bring functionality up-to-date with libpq if, as & where needed

Would that be OK?

Jeroen