Unable to start PostgreSQL from user other than root

From: Silky Mittal <silky212001(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unable to start PostgreSQL from user other than root
Date: 2001-02-28 11:32:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear Sir,
We are running Linux 6.2 on our machine.
We are able to start postgresql on the root
giving the command /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start.
But if we login as our own created user we are unable
to start postgresql using the same command as above.It
says No such file or directory.Help will be
appreciated.
Thanking You,
Regards,
Silky.