Re: Idea for reducing planning time

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Idea for reducing planning time
Date: 2001-02-27 09:55:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> >> If you like I'll post the patch, but it strikes me as a waste of list
> >> bandwidth --- anyone who is likely to actually review it is perfectly
> >> capable of doing cvs diff for themselves ...
>
> > Posting patch is only useful if you want people to review it. They are
> > more likely to if you send it to patches, already diff'ed. In fact, how
> > do you pull out a patch set from CVS? You have to use -D and specify a
> > date/time range, right?
>
> That's a good point --- there doesn't seem to be any real easy way of
> extracting a set of changes to different files except to use -D. And
> even that doesn't do anything to separate unrelated patches applied at
> about the same time.
>
> For the record, you can get a diff of this kind with a command like
>
> cvs diff -c -D '2000-12-14 17:00' -D '2000-12-14 18:00'
>
> executed in the top level of the tree you want to search.
>
> regards, tom lane

Tom, do you have a plan to make a back patch for 7.0.3? I got a bug
report from a user with a script to reproduce the problem. Seems the
backend consumes infinite memory.

I don't want to recommend her to use 7.0.2 since it has a merge join
problem...
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Attachment Content-Type Size
join.tar.gz application/octet-stream 800 bytes